What You Can Do Next
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Not only is the appropriate medical treatment important in your recovery, your doctor’s evaluation and the diagnosis of your condition are crucial to your personal injury claim.
- Take pictures of your injuries immediately, before they begin to heal. If you are hospitalized, have someone take pictures of the hospital environment. Send all pictures to an email address for safe storage.
- Take pictures of any items or areas that pertain to the accident before their condition changes. Examples include:
- The damage to the vehicles after a crash
- A neighbor’s fence that the dog escaped from
- The icy sidewalk that led to a fall
- The lack of signage or protection
- Where possible, keep any objects that pertain to the accident and injuries. Examples include:
- The bike and helmet
- The jet ski and water safety devices worn
- The ATV
- The motorcycle and helmet
- The tractor or farming equipment
- Keep track of information about your ongoing injuries, medical bills, and lost wages
- Contact us for a Free Consultation at (260)-485-7000 to discuss your personal injury claim and your legal rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need an attorney?
Trier Law Office can provide excellent advice on how to best handle your claim based on 27 years of experience in handling personal injury cases. We have years of experience in dealing with insurance companies, negotiating settlements, handling litigation, and trying cases to a jury.
How do I decide who is the best attorney for me?
You want an attorney, like Carolyn Trier, who has significant experience in handling personal injury cases and has tried many cases to the jury with a record of success. You want an attorney, like Carolyn Trier, who is ethical, reliable, professional, and who will give your case the attention it deserves.
What does it cost to hire an attorney?
There are no legal fees unless we reach a settlement with the insurance company or win a favorable verdict with the jury.
How is my case valued?
We will meet with you and learn about you and your case. We will obtain the accident report, any police investigation, your medical records, and your wage loss information. We will talk to witnesses. We may meet with your doctors, with your permission, to have a thorough understanding of your injuries and learn about any additional medical treatment you may need. We have 27 years of experience in handling personal injury claims and evaluating what the claims are worth.
Will my case go to trial?
If a settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company, we are fully prepared to take your case to a jury trial. Carolyn Trier has successfully tried many cases to the jury in both state and federal court.
What if the insurance company is refusing to offer a fair settlement and how do I know if it is a fair settlement?
This is where Trier Law Office can be of tremendous help. We have extensive experience in evaluating cases, dealing with insurance companies, and negotiating settlements. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to litigate your case and take your case to trial. We work hard to make sure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.